WRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA, EAST ANNOUNCES COUNCIL AND OFFICERS ELECTION RESULTS
September 16, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New York – The Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) announced the 2011 election results for its Council and Officers. One in ten eligible voters participated in the election. For the 2011 election, the Guild instituted, for the first time, online voting which resulted in higher membership participation and no invalidated ballots. For the Council, there were nine open seats: six Freelance seats and three Staff seats. For the Officers, there was one candidate running unopposed for president, and one running unopposed for secretary-treasurer. In addition, there were two candidates running for vice president.
The results were:
• Elected as Freelance members on the Council were: Henry Bean, Bonnie Datt, Elliott Kalan, Susan Kim (i), Bernardo Ruiz, and Courtney Simon (i).
• Elected as Staff members on the Council were: Sue Brown McCann (i), Phil Pilato (i), and Duane Tollison (i).
• Elected as Vice President was Jeremy Pikser.
• Reelected as WGAE President was Michael Winship running unopposed.
• Elected as Secretary Treasurer was Bob Schneider running unopposed. He previously served as Vice President and succeeds Gail Lee.
All terms begin immediately and run through September 2013.
The Writers Guild of America, East, AFL-CIO (WGAE) is a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media, and broadcast news. The Guild negotiates and administers contracts that protect the creative and economic rights of their members; conduct programs, seminars, and events on issues of interest to writers; and present writers’ views to various bodies of government. For more information on the Writers Guild of America, East, visit www.wgaeast.org.
“(i)” denotes incumbent
For all editorial and press inquiries, please contact:
Director of Communications
Writers Guild of America, East