Podcast: “The Art of Screenwriting” with Rebecca Miller (MAGGIE’S PLAN), Jean-Christophe Castelli (BILLY LYNN’S LONG HALFTIME WALK) and Mike Mills (20TH CENTURY WOMEN)
As part of the 54th New York Film Festival, the Writers Guild of America, East hosted a panel on “The Art of Screenwriting” with panelists Rebecca Miller, who wrote and directed NYFF53 Main Slate selection MAGGIE’S PLAN; Jean-Christophe Castelli, writer of BILLY LYNN’S LONG HALFTIME WALK, directed by Ang Lee; and Mike Mills, writer-director of BEGINNERS and the NYFF54 Centerpiece selection 20TH CENTURY WOMEN.
The evening was moderated by WGAE President Michael Winship and was part of our NYFF Live series of free talks, which are sponsored by HBO.
Recording courtesy of The Film Society at Lincoln Center. Please visit filmlinc.org for more information.
- March 8, 2018: In Solidarity: International Women's Day
- January 16, 2018: Interview: Caytha Jentis (THE OTHER F WORD)
- November 13, 2017: Interview: Richard Linklater & Darryl Ponicsan (LAST FLAG FLYING)
- October 30, 2017: Essay: Ian Olympio on Produced By: New York 2017
- October 12, 2017: Essay: Alexis Fedor on The Writer's Profit Plan
- October 4, 2017: Interview: Emily V. Gordon & Kumail Nanjiani (THE BIG SICK)
- August 7, 2017: Interview: John Chernin & Dave Chernin (THE MICK)
- July 31, 2017: Interview: Julie Rudd (FUN MOM DINNER)
- July 25, 2017: PODCAST: Horror & Suspense Screenwriter's Panel w/ Ted Tally, Chris Sparling, Ingrid Jungermann & Jeremy Saulnier
- July 12, 2017: OnWriting: Brian Knappenberger on Net Neutrality
- Issue 1: A Conversation with Terry George and Tony Gilroy
- Issue 2: Reflections on Adaptation: Israel Horovitz, Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, Doug McGrath, Richard Wesley, Richard Vetere
- Issue 3: The Writers Room: Robert Carlock, John Markus, Meredith Scardino
- Issue 4: From Broadway to the Back Lot: John Guare, David Lindsay-Abaire, Donald Margulies