- For Members
- 2018 Council Elections
- WGAE Council FAQ
- Create Web Account
- Declare/Pay Dues
- Your Residuals
- Update Your Contact Information
- WGAE Financial Statement
- Executive Director’s Report
- Your Career
- Plan Your Retirement
- Get Healthcare
- Guild Contracts
- Late Payment
- Get Involved
- Member Benefits
- Our Constitution
- WGA AMBA Information
- About the Guild
- News, Events & Awards
- Resource & Reference List for Writers
- Sexual Harassment Resource Guide
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network
- OnWriting ONLINE
- Agents & Agencies
- Digital Media Training Videos
- Industry Affiliations
- Services for Writers
- Job Postings
- Writing Tools
- Union Plus
- Find a Writer
- Script Registration
- Let’s Talk
Call for Submissions: WGAE Screenplay Reading Series
The Writers Guild of America, East’s popular Screenplay Reading Series continues this summer. In July 2017, we will feature two screenplay excerpts, a comedy and a drama. A panel of judges will determine the winners to be read.
The readings will be cast, directed and performed by experienced industry professionals. WGAE President Michael Winship will conduct a Q&A with the writer after each reading. A reception will follow.
1. Pick the best 20-page excerpt from your dramatic or comedic screenplay.
2. Write a narrative to cover the rest of the story, indicating where the excerpt fits into the narrative.
3. Include a one-paragraph bio.
4. Submit in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com.
Do NOT include your name or other identifying information on the title page. This is a blind entry process. Only the title should appear on the cover page. Your name, bio, contact information, a logline and any comments should appear in the body of your e-mail and nowhere in the screenplay itself.
The competition is open only to WGAE members; only one submission per member will be accepted.
Winners of WGAE screenplay or pilot readings in 2016 are not eligible.
Deadline for submission is 5pm EDT, Monday, April 24.