- For Members
- 2018 Council Elections
- WGAE Council FAQ
- Create Web Account
- Declare/Pay Dues
- Your Residuals
- Update Your Contact Information
- WGAE Financial Statement
- Executive Director’s Report
- Your Career
- Plan Your Retirement
- Get Healthcare
- Guild Contracts
- Late Payment
- Get Involved
- Member Benefits
- Our Constitution
- Notice of Proposed Amendments to Screen Credits Manual
- WGA AMBA Information
- About the Guild
- News, Events & Awards
- Resource & Reference List for Writers
- Sexual Harassment Resource Guide
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network
- OnWriting ONLINE
- Agents & Agencies
- Digital Media Training Videos
- Industry Affiliations
- Services for Writers
- Job Postings
- Writing Tools
- Union Plus
- Find a Writer
- Script Registration
- Let’s Talk
ABC DISCOVERS: Talent Showcase Seeking Original Scene Submissions
ABC DISCOVERS: TALENT SHOWCASE SEEKING ORIGINAL SCENE SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: May 18, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
ABC Casting is seeking original scene submissions for our upcoming Talent Showcase This is a one-night event produced by the ABC Casting Department to showcase new talent to an invited industry audience.
ABC has a long-standing commitment to promoting diversity in the entertainment industry through a variety of projects administered by the ABC Casting Department. The Talent Showcase offers an excellent opportunity for talent that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Since 2012, 60 new writers and 57 original scenes have been selected including 2011 NY Showcase Alum Jermaine Fowler who wrote and performed his original scene, Black Genie.Jermaine currently stars in the series Superior Donuts. In 2012, NY Showcase participant Andrew Law wrote and performed his original scene, Once We Go Black, went on to join Late Night with Seth Meyers as a staff writer, and currently writes on the series The Good Place.Selected writers will have an opportunity to meet with the Disney ABC Creative Talent Development department.
Experience in writing for television, film, or theater is strongly recommended, but not required. Those submitting must provide a completed application package adhering to the guidelines listed below. Submissions that fail to include all requested elements and follow the provided guidelines will result in disqualification.
- Must be submitted along with a completed application and release form in a PDF file.
- Scene should be sent as a separate PDF file.
- Submissions are limited to three (3) scenes per applicant.
- Each scene should include a cover page with the following information: title, name, contact information, date of submission, and WGA registration number if applicable.
- Scenes must tell a linear story comprised of a clear beginning, middle and end.
- Scenes must be limited to two (2) characters, with equal dialogue both characters.
- Page count for each scene is not to exceed six (6) pages. Submissions exceeding the specified page count will be disqualified
Helpful Tips: Scenes should tonally reflect the type of program broadcast on ABC; simple settings are recommended; avoid incorporating special effects; small, basic props are recommended; avoid using excerpts from larger bodies of work (e.g. plays, scripts, books, etc…); prior to submitting your scene(s) it is recommended, but not required that you register work with WGAE Script Registration.
2. RESUME – outlining chronological employment (may include both entertainment and non-entertainment positions). Also include a list of credited written work (e.g. original pilots, stage productions, feature films, short films, etc…)
3. APPLICATION – with all areas completed. Please type or print legibly.
4. RELEASE FORM – with all areas completed and the requested signature.
Application & Release Form can be downloaded at:
Completed submissions should be emailed to: ABC.Casting@abc.com
Please include your full name and “2018 Talent Showcase” in the subject line.
Prior to submitting your scene, it is recommended that you protect your work by registering it with WGAE Script Registration
**THIS IS FOR ORIGINAL SCENE SUBMISSIONS ONLY. DO NOT SUBMIT HEADSHOTS/RESUMES**