- For Members
- Create Web Account
- Declare/Pay Dues
- Your Residuals
- Update Your Contact Information
- WGAE Financial Statement
- Executive Director’s Report
- Your Career
- Plan Your Retirement
- Get Healthcare
- Guild Contracts
- Late Payment
- Get Involved
- WGAE Council FAQ
- Member Benefits
- Our Constitution
- WGA AMBA Information
- About the Guild
- News, Events & Awards
- Resource & Reference List for Writers
- Sexual Harassment Resource Guide
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network
- OnWriting ONLINE
- Agents & Agencies
- Digital Media Training Videos
- Industry Affiliations
- Services for Writers
- Job Postings
- Writing Tools
- Union Plus
- Find a Writer
- Script Registration
- Let’s Talk
Janus v AFSCME: Supreme Court Decision Day Actions
JANUS V AFSCME:
SUPREME COURT DECISION DAY ACTIONS
Today, the United States Supreme Court issued their anti-union ruling on Janus v. AFSCME Council 31, a political attack on public-sector unions aimed at further rigging our economy and democracy in favor of corporations and billionaires.
Now, we’re asking you to help amplify our union message.
We are asking our friends and allies to display how workers are more resolved than ever to stick together and fight back against any attacks that attempt to divide us.
The WGA East has assembled a social media toolkit for our members which includes photos, sample social media posts, and other content from the Guild and the AFL-CIO which you can use to show your support.
Visit wgaeast.org/janus-toolkit to access the toolkit.
Here’s another way that you can take action:
- Take a photo of yourself or of you and your co-workers holding up a Norma Rae-style UNION sign to post to social media. (Download a UNION sign here)
- Include a message with your photo that lifts up the value of unions to our communities, calls on elected officials and candidates to do everything in their power to make it easier for working people to join together in unions and highlights how this attack on unions is an attack on all working people.
- Share the photo and message on social media using the hashtag #UNION and #FreedomtoJoin
The Writers Guild of America, East is a proud labor union representing writers of film, television, news and digital media. Our union is strong and continues to grow at a rapid pace. We’ve seen how powerful collective action is when negotiating a contract, working to improve workplace standards or fighting back against corporate abuses.
We hope Guild members will take a public stand in support of working people’s right to join together in public-sector unions and build power.