Nine council seats will expire this year: 6 Freelance and 3 Staff, as well as the offices of President, Vice President and Secretary-Treasurer.
The nomination period for the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) 2021 Council Election closes at 11:59pm ET on May 27, 2021.
- Nominations must be received by 11:59pm on May 27, 2021.
- Voting online and by mail will begin at 12:00am on Thursday, August 26, 2021.
- The Annual Meeting and Council Election will be held at 5pm on Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
- The terms for newly elected Council members will run for two years beginning September 15, 2021.
Any current member in good standing for one year preceding the election is qualified to run for Council.
The following current Council members’ terms do not expire this year, so they should not be nominated for Council seats:
- Freelance: Monica Lee Bellais, Lisa Takeuchi Cullen, Kaitlin Fontana,Gina Gionfriddo, A.M. Homes, Erica Saleh, Michael Winship
- Staff: Gail Lee, Ashley Feinberg, Kelly Stout
If you have questions about any election procedures, you can refer to our Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have questions, please call Dana Weissman at 212.767.7835 and leave a message so Dana can return your call.
Any current member in good standing may nominate candidates for the Council, and any current member in good standing for one year preceding the election is qualified to run.
Click the “Submit Nominations” button below to open the online nominations form.
Please be sure to use the same email address as the one from which you received the call for nominations. For the 2021 call for nominations, the email address we have on file for you will serve as identification. When you’ve finished, click “Submit” at the bottom of the screen.
If you have trouble with the online form, you can also download a PDF version.