- For Members
- 2017 Council Elections
- Contract 2017
- Create Web Account
- Declare/Pay Dues
- Your Residuals
- Update Your Contact Information
- WGAE Financial Statement
- Executive Director’s Report
- Your Career
- Plan Your Retirement
- Get Healthcare
- Guild Contracts
- Schedule of Minimums
- Late Payment
- Get Involved
- WGAE Council FAQ
- Member Benefits
- Our Constitution
- About the Guild
- News, Events & Awards
- Resource & Reference List for Writers
- Sexual Harassment Resource Guide
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network
- OnWriting ONLINE
- Agents & Agencies
- Digital Media Training Videos
- Educational Opportunities
- Industry Affiliations
- Services for Writers
- Job Postings
- Writing Tools
- Union Plus
- Find a Writer
- Script Registration
- Let’s Talk
Contract 2017 (Members Only Content)
MBA RATIFICATION VOTE
The 2017 MBA is now subject to ratification by the combined memberships of Writers Guild, East and West. There are two ways for eligible WGAE members to vote on ratification:
- Online: Eligible WGAE members in good standing may vote online beginning at 1:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 12, 2017 here: https://eBallot4.votenet.com/wgamba. You may also access the online ballot by clicking on the CONTRACT 2017 link on the WGAE website. Your login is your last name and your password is your five-digit member ID number found on your Guild membership card.
- In person: Eligible WGAE members in good standing may also vote in person at the special membership meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at WGAE Headquarters, 250 Hudson Street, Suite 700, New York, NY 10013. In addition, you may also give your proxy to a member attending the special meeting. A proxy form is available here.
SUMMARY OF THE TENTATIVE 2017 WGA MBA
WGA REACHES TENTATIVE AGREEMENT WITH AMPTP
STRIKE AUTHORIZATION VOTE RESULTS
Eligible members may now vote online by clicking on the following link: https://eBallot4.votenet.com/wgasav.
Your login is your last name and your password is your five-digit member ID number found on your Guild membership card. The online voting deadline is 3 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, April 24, 2017.
STRIKE AUTHORIZATION VOTING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Eligible Voters: Current active members who earned at least $33,701.25 during the past six years under the MBA (the earnings must have been declared for dues purposes prior to 3/25/17) OR have 15 pension-eligible years based on MBA employment.
STRIKE AUTHORIZATION VOTE
- VIDEO: Vote YES on Strike Authorization WGA Negotiating Committee and WGAW Board Members talk about the importance of saying yes to the strike authorization vote.
- PODCAST: Contract 2017 Negotiations Negotiating Committee member Kate Erickson, and the co-chairs of the WGA Negotiating Committee, Billy Ray, Chip Johannessen, and Chris Keyser, discuss the negotiations with the AMPTP.
- Statement of Guild Leadership in Support of Strike Authorization
- Member Meetings & Voting Schedule
- The Cost of Settling is Reasonable
- The State of the Industry: Unprecedented Prosperity
- Writers: Not Keeping Up
- The State of Our Pension & Health Plans
- What Happened to the Screen Business?
Eligible Writers Guild members in good standing may vote in-person at one of the following member meetings:
Meeting in New York
Wednesday, April 19 at 7pm
SEIU 32BJ’s 5th Floor Auditorium
25 W. 18th Street
Meetings in Los Angeles
Tuesday, April 18 at 7pm
Sheraton Universal, Los Angeles
Wednesday, April 19 at 7pm
The Beverly Hilton, Los Angeles
This meeting is only open to Writers Guild members eligible to vote. Please RSVP by Monday, April 17:
Do you want to get involved and help support the Guild’s bargaining agenda? Sign up at this link to become a Strike Authorization Vote volunteer.
We encourage all Guild members to show solidarity for the strike authorization vote on social media. Use the hashtag #WGAUnity.
Here’s a few sample tweets:
- I stand in solidarity with the WGA Negotiating Committee & urge the @AMPTP to reach a fair deal before May 1 #WGAUnity
- Don’t let the @AMPTP trump writers. #VoteStrikeYES in solidarity with the WGA Negotiating Committee #WGAUnity
- With $51 Billion in profits, the @AMPTP knows writers deserve a fair deal. #WGAUnity
- I stand with members of the @WGAWest & @WGAEast who #VoteStrikeYES to get a fair contract from the @AMPTP #WGAUnity
- Shame on the @AMPTP for threatening the entire Film/TV industry rather than reach a fair deal with writers #WGAUnity
Change your profile picture: