- For Members
- 2017 Council Elections
- Contract 2017
- Create Web Account
- Declare/Pay Dues
- Your Residuals
- Update Your Contact Information
- WGAE Financial Statement
- Executive Director’s Report
- Your Career
- Plan Your Retirement
- Get Healthcare
- Guild Contracts
- Schedule of Minimums
- Late Payment
- Get Involved
- WGAE Council FAQ
- Member Benefits
- Our Constitution
- About the Guild
- News, Events & Awards
- Resource & Reference List for Writers
- Sexual Harassment Resource Guide
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network
- OnWriting ONLINE
- Agents & Agencies
- Digital Media Training Videos
- Educational Opportunities
- Industry Affiliations
- Services for Writers
- Job Postings
- Writing Tools
- Union Plus
- Find a Writer
- Script Registration
- Let’s Talk
George Mason University: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Directing and Screenwriting
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Directing and Screenwriting
The George Mason University Film and Video Studies (FAVS) program, within the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA), seeks qualified candidates for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Directing and Screenwriting in Film and Video Studies (Fall semester 2018). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Teaching responsibilities will include a 3:3 teaching load covering basic and advanced undergraduate courses in writing and directing, and senior capstones in screenwriting and directing;
- Service to the program, college and university includes mentoring students, working with faculty and students, committee service at the program- and college-level, and participation in program events;
- Faculty will assist in creating opportunities for students on- and off-campus that promote the study and craft of writing and directing in coordination with faculty, staff, and other program instructors; and
- Faculty will maintain their creative scholarly and professional work.
- The successful candidate will have an MFA in film and video production or comparable terminal degree;
- Directing experience in scripted, live-action, single camera film and/or serialized, single camera television projects with national and international exhibition and distribution; and
- Professional screenwriting credits on scripted projects (films and/or television).
- Teaching experience in directing and writing; and
- Experience in writing and directing games, documentary films, interactive video, and other media forms is encouraged; as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the craft and theory of writing and directing for the screen.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F194Az at http://jobs.gmu.edu by January 11, 2018, via the online application; and upload a cover letter that includes a discussion of their creative work/scholarship, teaching philosophy, and professional experience, a C.V. with links to creative work online, and contact information for three references (name, e-mail, telephone number, address). Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ty6kphxq596zzyft
Posted on November 2, 2017.