Cast your ballot for the WGA’s 101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (*so far) before May 31, 2021.
Cast your ballot for the WGA’s 101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (*so far) by voting online here.
Your login username is your last name, and your password is your 5-digit Guild member ID number (no hyphens).
The voting period is Monday, May 3, 2021 through Monday, May 31, 2021, by 9 pm (EDT).
What are the 101 Lists?
In 2006, the Writers Guilds of America West and East presented the inaugural 101 list of the WGA’s 101 Greatest Screenplays, honoring the most outstanding screenwriting of all time as chosen by WGA members.
In 2013, the WGA recognized the 101 Best Written TV Series, honoring the most outstanding television writing and spotlighting the writers who crafted TV’s most acclaimed shows.
In 2015, the WGA unveiled the 101 Funniest Screenplays of all time, celebrating the best film comedies over the years.
This year, building on the 101 brand as originally conceived by the WGAW’s Publicity & Marketing Committee, you are invited to vote to determine the WGA’s 101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (*so far).
This contemporary list, spanning the last two decades, will honor outstanding screenwriting for films that were theatrically released or premiered on television or a streaming platform in the U.S. from 2000 to present.
The first two decades of this millennium have witnessed an unprecedented revolution in the way audiences watch films on a variety of platforms, as a wider range of writers have found increased opportunities to tell more diverse, inclusive stories than ever before. These films share one thing in common: They all began with writers.
To help you get started on selecting your potential choices for the 101 list, you’ll find links below to several lists and databases for reference purposes. Selections need not be made from titles contained within these lists, as they are meant to serve as research resources only.
Wikipedia: Films released in the U.S. by year 2000-2021
American Films of 2021
American Films of 2020
American Films of 2019
American Films of 2018
American Films of 2017
American Films of 2016
American Films of 2015
American Films of 2014
American Films of 2013
American Films of 2012
American Films of 2011
American Films of 2010
American Films of 2009
American Films of 2008
American Films of 2007
American Films of 2006
American Films of 2005
American Films of 2004
American Films of 2003
American Films of 2002
American Films of 2001
American Films of 2000
2000s in Film
2010s in Film
Writers Guild Awards – Past Winners & Nominees
VOTING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND RULES
- The WGA’s 101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (*so far) list will honor outstanding screenwriting for individual films that were theatrically released or premiered on television or a streaming platform in the U.S. from 2000 to present.
- Eligible films include live-action, animation, documentary and foreign-language films.
- The following are not eligible: short films (under 60 minutes in length), miniseries or limited series, and films that do not feature on-screen writing credits. Excerpts of films, such as individual scenes or specific characters, are also ineligible.
- Coverage under a WGA collective bargaining agreement is not required.
- In the case of multiple films with identical titles, voters are asked to specify their selection by the film’s release date, country of origin, or other distinguishing information.
- Voting to select the 101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (*so far) is open to Writers Guild of America West (WGAW) and Writers Guild America, East (WGAE) members in active status. Guild members in Current, Associate, Associate-Caucus, and Post-Current categories are eligible to vote.
- Only one ballot may be submitted per Guild member.
- Voting will be conducted using a ballot containing 15 slots. Members are asked to list their top screenplays by filling in up to 15 film titles in no order of preference on the voting form. Members may list fewer than 15 titles. The votes are not ranked, i.e., each selection will receive one point in the final vote count. Titles listed more than once on the ballot form will count as a single vote.
- Voting will be conducted online and results tabulated by VoteNet, an independent firm hired by the WGA.
- The WGA’s 101 Greatest Screenplays of the 21st Century (*so far) list will be ranked from 1 through 101, based on the total number of points each film receives.
- The WGA will provide links to online film databases for reference purposes only.
- For online member voting, your log-in username is your last name, and your password is your your five-digit member ID number (for WGAE members) or eight-digit Guild member ID number (for WGAW members); no hyphens included.
- The online voting period begins on Monday, May 3, 2021. The deadline to cast your vote is Monday, May 31, 2021, 9pm (EDT). No late ballots will be accepted.
- Final results will be announced by the WGA in Winter 2021 (TBD).
Questions? Email Gregg Mitchell in WGAW’s Communications Dept.