About the Strike / Unfair List
Note: Members are responsible for determining the current signatory status of any potential employer. For further information, call (212) 767-7837 or email Signatories.
The Council places individuals or companies on the Strike/Unfair List for several types of unfair conduct:
- refusing to engage in collective bargaining negotiations with the WGA;
- refusing to sign the MBA or other applicable collective bargaining agreements;
- wrongfully failing to participate in grievance and arbitration procedures;
- failing to abide by the final award of an arbitrator;
- or engaging in conduct violative of the National Labor Relations Act or other laws designed to protect the rights of writers.
The Council will consider requests from individuals or companies to be removed from the Strike/Unfair List. In such cases, the Council will examine the facts and circumstances concerning the listing, and the reasons advanced for removal.
NOTE: WGA members are bound by Working Rule 10, which provides: