Staff Writer Bootcamp
About the program
The Staff Writer Bootcamp is a six-week program for Guild members who are either looking to staff an episodic writers’ room for the first time or are early-career television writers looking to improve their skills.
The 2023 program will run on Tuesday evenings from November 7th until December 12th or 13th, 2023 (the program will wrap up on either Tuesday or Wednesday night the final week). We ask that you make yourself available from 6 PM – 9 PM EST to allow for scheduling flexibility. This program will be offered in a hybrid setting at the WGAE office and on Zoom.
The Staff Writer Bootcamp is ideal for:
- Early-career episodic writers with no more than two staff writer positions.
- Film/TV/Streaming sector WGAE members with a strong interest in working in an episodic writers’ room.
- Any Guild member who has sold an episodic pilot.
All applicants must be Current active members of the WGA East.
Topics include (subject to change):
- Dynamics in the Writers Room
- From Landing Your First Job to Handing in Your First Episode
- Breaking Story
- What Showrunners Expect of Writers/What Writers Should Expect of Showrunners
- Learning How to Produce and Getting Producer Credit
- Psychology of the TV Business
A six-week program for Guild members who are either looking develop their careers as episodic TV writers.