Whether you are a writer working for a company or you own your own company that plans to produce new media projects, here’s a list of things that need to happen to ensure that your project will be Guild-covered and in compliance with the MBA:
- Check the signatory status of the company employing or purchasing literary material from the writer(s).
- If the employer is not signatory, it should contact the WGA Signatories Department and complete a signatory application.
- Check the New Media Compensation section of the Schedule of Minimums to assure compliance with MBA minimums.
- Submit all writer employment or purchase agreements to the WGA Contracts Department.
- Make Pension Plan and Health Fund contributions for writers employed on new media projects. For more information and contribution forms, visit www.wgaplans.org.
- After principal photography concludes, submit a Notice of Tentative Writing Credits to the WGA Credits Department.