Event DetailsMonday November 28, 2022 6:00 pm
959 8th Ave, New York, NY 10019 US
(between 56th St & 57th St)
Join your fellow Guild members & union allies to demand a fair first contract for workers at Hearst!
The Hearst Union have been working tirelessly to bargain their first contract. Unfortunately, Hearst’s historically anti-union management has responded by stalling at the table for over two years and delivering inadequate, unreasonable counter-proposals.
It’s time for Hearst to stop standing in the way of their workers – and you can help us make that happen by coming out to support your fellow Guild members at this rally. There will be speakers, hot drinks and Thanksgiving pie, and an abundance of union solidarity.
If you aren’t within commuting distance to New York, the rally will be livestreamed via the Hearst Union Instagram page.
What We Are Rallying For
- Fair wages and fair benefits. Hearst is currently paying employees below industry-standard rates, and so far, their proposals at the table aren’t cutting it.
- No more delays. January 2023 will mark two years of bargaining at Hearst. We need the company to deliver serious counter-proposals to the union’s reasonable demands so we can reach a deal.
- The respect every union member deserves. Time and again, Hearst has blatantly bucked its legal obligation to notify and bargain with the union over layoffs and terminations. We have filed two active unfair labor practices, and we won’t stop advocating for the respect our Guild members deserve.
What If I Can’t Make It?
- Watch the livestream: Follow the Hearst Union instagram (@HearstUnion) and tune into the livestreamed rally beginning at 6pm on 11/28.
- Post in support: Stand in solidarity with us online by reposting coverage of the rally found on the @WGAEast and @HearstUnion Twitter and Instagram pages!
We hope you’ll join us Monday, November 28, either outside Hearst Tower or virtually.