Event DetailsMonday August 3, 2020 5:00 pm
In this seminar, WGA Award Winner Jacob Krueger will teach you not just how to write a TV Bible, but also how to think about one.
Members may RSVP via the link provided in their invitation email.
- Discover the most important elements of every successful Series Bible.
- Learn how to capture your Series Engine and weave it through every element of a successful Bible.
- Develop a process for writing a Bible that not only tells the story of your series, but also feels like what you’re selling.
- Understand the different kinds of pitch decks and Bibles and when to use them!
Want to sell a TV show? You’re going to need more than just a great pilot. A TV Bible is the most important document in your arsenal when it comes to selling your series. More than just a treatment or synopsis, a successful TV Bible not only hooks your reader with a compelling concept and unforgettable characters, but also demonstrates the underlying Series Engine that will allow your series to run season after season.
In this seminar, WGA Award Winner Jacob Krueger will teach you not just how to write a TV Bible, but also how to think about one. You’ll learn what to include, and what to exclude, how to avoid the common pitfalls, and how to write a Bible that grabs a producer by their designer lapels, and tells them you need to make this!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The difference between a pitch and an actual writing assignment.
- How to successfully present your TV Bible to a producer, while not leaving behind literary material for free.
- How to request a writing contract when a Producer is interested in your pitch and wants to work with you.
- How to use the Guild and its Working Rules to protect your intellectual property and ensure proper compensation and acknowledgment of on screen credit for your work.
- A simple approach to thinking about TV Bible writing that you can apply to any project.
- The 5 simple mistakes you’re probably making when you write your TV Bible (and how to avoid them!)
- An organic approach to find the Engine of your series, by building on the same elements that made your pilot successful.
- The 7 elements of every successful Bible.
- How to use a TV Bible, not only as a sales tool, but also as a tool for finding the structure of your series!
About Jacob Krueger
The founder of Jacob Krueger Studio in NYC, and the host of the Write Your Screenplay Podcast, Jacob has worked with thousands of writers, from Academy and Tony Award Winners, to young writers picking up the pen for the first time. His writing includes THE MATTHEW SHEPARD STORY, which won the Writers Guild of America, West’s Paul Selvin Award and was nominated for a Gemini Award for Best Screenplay.