About the New York SAG-AFTRA / WGAE Film Society
The New York SAG-AFTRA/WGAE Film Society functions as a showcase for contemporary products in the film industry, as well as an opportunity for members and their guests to attend newly released films and preview screenings in a safe, professional environment. The 2019–2020 season is our 43rd consecutive season providing members with a diverse selection of newly released major studio, foreign and independent productions.
2019/20 Registration opens July 26! Download the registration form here.
The 2019-20 Season will begin on Sept. 9, 2019 and run through Aug. 31, 2020.
If you are new to the Film Society, register before or during August and attend the August 2019 screenings for free before the new season starts!
Subscriptions admit Film Society Members and one guest – who must accompany the member to the theater for bonus screenings – to a minimum of 48 scheduled screenings
The New York Film Society at a glance:
- Membership is by application only. Applications are accepted on a yearly basis.
- Registration for the 2019-2020 season opens on July 26, 2019. In order to register, download and print the NYFS 2019-2020 Paper Application in the “Relevant Links” section on this page.
- You either can submit the application by mailing it to the address below, or you can submit via email by completing a credit card authorization form and emailing it to the address below.
- The membership fee – for both new and renewing members – is $150.
- Unless otherwise specified, screenings will take place on Mondays and Tuesdays at 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Screenings are held at the Directors Guild of America Theater at 110 West 57th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues).
To view the 2019-2020 screening schedule complete with film titles, click here; you can also view the screening schedule for the remainder of the 2018-2019 season here. In addition, youcan call the HOTLINE at (212) 827-1592 or sign up to receive email blasts by sending an email with your name and WGAE member number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the DGA Theater does NOT allow smoking, food, or drink (including water).
Joining the New York Film Society
The membership application period for the 2019-2020 season opens on July 26!
To join the New York SAG-AFTRA/WGAE Film Society, send check or money order made payable to:
Writers Guild of America, East
Attn: Film Society
250 Hudson Street, Suite 700
New York, NY 10013
Your check must be accompanied by a completed application form.
To pay by Visa or Mastercard, you may print this application form and the credit card authorization form and email to email@example.com or fax to 212.582.1909.
There is a limited quantity of Film Society subscriptions, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The 2019-20 Season will begin on Sept. 9, 2019 and run through Aug. 31, 2020. Register soon!