Staff news contracts tend to cover workplaces where members all work in one location, or “shop.”
The terms of each CBA are specific to the company and employees to which they apply, and are negotiated by a negotiating committee comprised of staff unit members. Staff news positions include but are not limited to Assignment Editors, Assistant and Associate Producers, Broadcast and Digital News Writers and Editors, Graphic Artists, News Desk Assistants and Associates, Production Assistants, Reporters, Researchers, and Service Aides.
The Guild’s staff contracts cover members who work in broadcast news and promotional writing, as well as in digital news.
Broadcast News Contracts
Click on the link next to each shop’s name to download their collective bargaining agreement.
- 1010 WINS: 2019-2022 WGA-1010 WINS Collective Bargaining Agreement
- ABC News: 2019-2022 WGA-ABC National Staff Agreement
- CBS News: 2016-2019 WGA-CBS National Staff Agreement
- CBSN: 2020-2023 WGA-CBSi/CBSN Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Entercom (WCBS-AM, WBBM-AM, and KNX-AM): 2019 – 2022 Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Fox 5 WNYW-TV: 2018-2022 WNYW-WGAE Agreement
- NBC Promo Writers: 2018-2021 NBC WGA Promo Writers Agreement
- Thirteen Productions (Thirteen/WNET): WGA-Thirteen Staff Agreement
- WBBM / CBS 2 News: WBBM – WGAE Agreement 2018-2021
To find a CBA for one of our digital shops, visit Digital News Contracts.
Organizing Staff Unions
To find information about our work organizing staff unions in digital news sites, or to find updates on contract negotiations, visit Digital Media Organizing.
If you work in broadcast or digital news and your workplace is not protected by a union contact, please reach out to the Guild’s Organizing department to learn more about forming a staff union at your workplace.