Broadcast/Cable/Streaming News contracts cover members who work in radio and TV news, promotional writing, and public television, and who all tend to work in one location, or “shop.”
The terms of each CBA are specific to the company and employees to which they apply, and are negotiated by a negotiating committee comprised of staff unit members.
Broadcast/Cable/Streaming News positions include but are not limited to Assignment Editors, Assistant and Associate Producers, Broadcast News Writers and Editors, Graphic Artists, News Desk Assistants and Associates, Production Assistants, Reporters, Researchers, and Service Aides.
The Guild also negotiates contracts that cover members working in online media.
Broadcast/Cable/Streaming News Contracts
Click on the link next to each shop’s name to download their collective bargaining agreement.
- 1010 WINS: 2019-2022 WGA-1010 WINS Collective Bargaining Agreement
- ABC News: 2019-2022 WGA-ABC National Staff Agreement
- CBS News: 2019-2022 WGA – CBS National Staff Agreement
- CBSN: 2020-2023 WGA-CBSi/CBSN Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Entercom (WCBS-AM, WBBM-AM, and KNX-AM): 2019 – 2022 Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Fox 5 WNYW-TV: 2018-2022 WNYW-WGAE Agreement
- NBC Promo Writers: 2018-2021 NBC WGA Promo Writers Agreement
- Thirteen Productions (Thirteen/WNET): WGA-Thirteen Staff Agreement
- WBBM / CBS 2 News: WBBM – WGAE Agreement 2018-2021
To find a CBA for one of our online media shops, visit Online Media Contracts.
Organizing Staff Unions
To find information about our work organizing staff unions at online media companies, nonfiction television, or the podcast industry—and to find updates on contract negotiations—visit Organizing.
If you work in Broadcast/Cable/Streaming News, Online Media, or another industry in the Guild’s jurisdiction, and your workplace is not protected by a union contact, please reach out to the Guild’s Organizing department to learn more about forming a staff union at your workplace.