Staff news contracts tend to cover workplaces where members all work in one location, or “shop.”
The terms of each CBA are specific to the company and employees to which they apply, and are negotiated by a negotiating committee comprised of staff unit members. Staff news positions include but are not limited to Assignment Editors, Assistant and Associate Producers, Broadcast and Digital News Writers and Editors, Graphic Artists, News Desk Assistants and Associates, Production Assistants, Reporters, Researchers, and Service Aides.
The Guild’s staff contracts cover members who work in digital news, as well as in broadcast news, and promotional writing.
Digital News Contracts
Click on the link next to each shop’s name to download their collective bargaining agreement.
- Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ): 2020-2023 WGA-CPJ Collective Bargaining Agreement
- The Dodo: Dodo – WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Fast Company: 2019-2021 WGA-FastCompany Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Future US, Inc.: 2020-2023 Future – WGAE Agreement
- Gizmodo Media Group (GMG): GMG-WGAE Agreement 2019-2022
- HuffPost: WGA East – HuffPost Collective Bargaining Agreement 2020-2023
- The Intercept: WGA-FLMW Collective Bargaining Agreement
- MTV News: MTV News/Viacom-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2022
- Onion, Inc.: WGAE – Onion, Inc. 2019-2020 Agreement
- Salon: Salon Media Group-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Slate: Slate-WGAE CBA
- Talking Points Memo: TPM – WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2022
- Thrillist: TMG-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- VICE Media:
- Vox Media: Vox Media – WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2022
To find a CBA for one of our broadcast shops, visit Broadcast News Contracts.
Organizing Staff Unions
To find information about our work organizing staff unions in digital news sites, or to find updates on contract negotiations, visit Digital Media Organizing.
If you work in broadcast or digital news and your workplace is not protected by a union contact, please reach out to the Guild’s Organizing department to learn more about forming a staff union at your workplace.