Staff Writer Bootcamp
About the program
The Staff Writer Bootcamp is a six-week program for Guild members who are either looking to staff an episodic writers’ room for the first time or are early-career television writers looking to improve their skills.
The program will run from January 5th, 2021 until February 9th, 2021. Sessions will take place on Tuesdays from 6pm – 8pm EST and will be hosted via Zoom.
The Bootcamp is ideal for:
- Early-career episodic television writers with no more than two staff writer positions.
- Scripted film, TV, and New Media writers in the Guild with a strong interest in working in an episodic writers’ room.
- Any Guild member who has sold an episodic pilot.
All applicants must be Current-active members of the WGA East.
- Writers’ Room Etiquette
- From Pilot to Series Pick Up
- Staff Writer Expectations and Responsibilities
- The Psychology of the Biz: From Agents/Managers to the Writers Room
- Breaking Story
- How to Create a Franchise
A six-week program for Guild members who are either looking develop their careers as episodic TV writers.