The 2022 election will be for the following positions:
- One (1) Broadcast/Cable/Streaming News Vice President
- One (1) Online Media Vice President
- Six (6) TV/Film/Streaming seats
- Three (3) Broadcast/Cable/Streaming News seats
- Two (2) Online Media seats
The Annual Meeting and Council Election will be held at 5:00 PM on Thursday, September 15, 2022. Voting online and by mail will begin at 12:00 AM on Thursday, September 1, 2022.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 by 11:59pm EDT – Nomination deadline.
- August 1, 2022 – Candidates announced.
- Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 12:00am EDT – Voting online and by mail begins.
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 5:00pm EDT – Annual Meeting and Council Election.
- Friday, September 16, 2022 – The two-year terms for newly elected Council members begin.
Call for Nominations
Any current member in good standing for one year preceding the election is qualified to run in their own work sector. Below are the nomination forms and directions for the election procedure. To be entitled to nominate or self-nominate a candidate for work sector Vice President or work sector Council seats, a member must be in good standing and a member of the sector for which they are nominating themselves or another candidate.
The terms for newly elected Council members will run for two years beginning September 16, 2022.
The nomination period has ended.
2022 WGAE Nominations and Election Policy for Officers and Council Members
The 2022 WGAE Nominations and Election Policy for Officers and Council Members is now available for members to review. If you have questions, please email Dana Weissman or Nancy Hathorne.