The 2023 election will be conducted according to recently approved amendments to the WGAE Constitution, which provides that Guild members nominate and vote only for Council seats allotted to their work sector.
The 2023 election includes the following seats:
- Film/TV/Streaming Vice President
- Six (6) Film/TV/Streaming seats
- Three (3) Online Media seats
Voting online and by mail begins at 12:00 AM on Wednesday, September 6, 2023. The voting period for the 2023 Council Election closes at 5:00 PM ET on Thursday, September 21, 2023.
- Wednesday, July 10, 2023 by 11:59pm EDT – Nomination deadline.
- Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 10:00am EDT – Candidates announced.
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 12:00am EDT – Voting online and by mail begins.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 4:30pm EDT – In-person voting at the Guild office; RSVP is required.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 5:00pm EDT – Online voting ends.
- Friday, September 22, 2023 – The two-year terms for newly elected Council members begin.
2023 WGAE Nominations and Election Policy for Officers and Council Members
The 2023 WGAE Nominations and Election Policy for Officers and Council Members is now available for members to review. If you have questions, please email Dana Weissman or Mary Ann Lamonica.
Call for Nominations
Any current member who has been in good standing for one year preceding the election is qualified to run in their own work sector. Below are the sector nomination forms and directions for the election procedure. To be entitled to nominate or self-nominate a candidate for work sector Vice President or work sector Council seats, a member must be in good standing and a member of the sector for which they are nominating themselves or another candidate.
The terms for newly elected Council members will run for two years beginning September 22, 2023.
The nomination period for the 2023 election has closed.