What are “Staff” Contracts?
Staff news contracts, or collective bargaining agreements (“CBAs”), tend to cover workplaces where members all work in one location, or “shop.” The terms of each CBA are specific to the company and employees to which they apply, and are negotiated by a negotiating committee comprised of staff unit members. Staff news positions include but are not limited to Assignment Editors, Assistant and Associate Producers, Broadcast and Digital News Writers and Editors, Graphic Artists, News Desk Assistants and Associates, Production Assistants, Reporters, Researchers, and Service Aides.
Which industries do WGAE staff contracts cover?
- Broadcast News
- Digital News
- Promotional Writing
WGAE Staff Contracts
Click on the link next to each shop’s name to download their union contract.
- 1010 WINS: 2019-2022 WGA-1010 WINS Collective Bargaining Agreement
- ABC News: 2019-2022 WGA-ABC National Staff Agreement
- CBS News: 2016-2019 WGA-CBS National Staff Agreement
- CBSN: 2020-2023 WGA-CBSi/CBSN Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ): 2020-2023 WGA-CPJ Collective Bargaining Agreement
- The Dodo: Dodo – WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Entercom (WCBS-AM, WBBM-AM, and KNX-AM): 2019 – 2022 Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Fast Company: 2019-2021 WGA-FastCompany Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Fox 5 WNYW-TV: 2018-2022 WNYW-WGAE Agreement
- Future US, Inc.: 2020-2023 Future – WGAE Agreement
- Gimlet: Gimlet Media-WGA 2021-2024 Agreement
- Gizmodo Media Group (GMG): GMG-WGAE Agreement 2019-2022
- HuffPost: WGA East – HuffPost Collective Bargaining Agreement 2020-2023
- The Intercept: WGA-FLMW Collective Bargaining Agreement
- MTV News: MTV News/Viacom-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2022
- NBC Promo Writers: 2018-2021 NBC WGA Promo Writers Agreement
- Onion, Inc.: WGAE – Onion, Inc. 2019-2020 Agreement
- The Ringer: Ringer LLC-WGAE 2021-2024 Agreement
- Salon: Salon Media Group-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Slate: Slate-WGAE CBA
- Talking Points Memo: TPM – WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2022
- Thirteen Productions (Thirteen/WNET): WGA-Thirteen Staff Agreement
- Thrillist: TMG-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- VICE Media:
- Vox Media: Vox Media – WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2022
- WBBM / CBS 2 News: WBBM – WGAE Agreement 2018-2021
Organizing Staff Unions
We are also in the process of negotiating contracts at various digital news sites, and try to provide up-to-date information on the status of those negotiations on the Guild’s Digital Media page.
If you work in broadcast or digital news and your workplace is not protected by a union contact, please reach out to the Guild’s Organizing department to learn more about forming a staff union at your workplace.