What are “Staff” Contracts?
Staff news contracts, or collective bargaining agreements (“CBAs”), tend to cover workplaces where members all work in one location, or “shop.” The terms of each CBA are specific to the company and employees to which they apply, and are negotiated by a negotiating committee comprised of staff unit members. Staff news positions include but are not limited to Assignment Editors, Assistant and Associate Producers, Broadcast and Digital News Writers and Editors, Graphic Artists, News Desk Assistants and Associates, Production Assistants, Reporters, Researchers, and Service Aides.
Which industries do WGAE staff contracts cover?
- Broadcast News
- Digital News
- Promotional Writing
WGAE Staff Contracts
- 1010 WINS: WINS – WGA Collective Bargaining Agreement
- ABC News: 2016-2019 WGA-ABC National Staff Agreement
- CBS News: 2016-2019 WGA-CBS National Staff Agreement
- Fox 5 WNYW-TV: 2018-2022 WNYW-WGAE Agreement
- Gizmodo Media Group (GMG): GMG-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- HuffPost: Huffington Post-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- The Intercept: WGA-FLMW Collective Bargaining Agreement
- NBC Promo Writers: 2015-2018 WGA-NBC Radio TV Promo Writers Contract
- Salon: Salon Media Group-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- ThinkProgress: CAP-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Thirteen Productions (Thirteen/WNET): WGA-Thirteen Staff Agreement
- Thrillist: TMG-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Vice Media: Vice Media-WGAE Collective Bargaining Agreement
- WBBM / CBS 2 News: WGAE-WBBM-TV Web Producers Agreement
Organizing Staff Unions
We are also in the process of negotiating contracts at various digital news sites, and try to provide up-to-date information on the status of those negotiations on the Guild’s Digital Media page.
If you work in broadcast or digital news and your workplace is not protected by a union contact, please reach out to the Guild’s Organizing department to learn more about forming a staff union at your workplace.